Friday, February 6, 2009

Update #1

Hola. Sorry about the tardiness, but as I'm at a government institution, internets is hard to come by. They have a computer lab with about 4 working computers for 130 people. Fun fun.

The meat:

I'm hanging in there. It's felt like summer camp since day one. A lot like summer camp. I didn't really like summer camp. But luckily I'm now an incredibly well adjusted adult and can handle things when they go a little sour. On the plus side, my housemates are pretty cool and eerily remind me former college roommates.

I nominated myself as house chef and it seems to be working out. This past week we've had to subsist on 5$ a day for food. Yup, you read that correctly. Luckily I know how to use a slow cooker and cheap meat.

Tomorrow, Saturday, I'm taking the fire team pack test. I won't pass, but it'll be a decent workout. Hauling 45lbs over 3 miles in 45 minutes might be attainable, but my stupid realism eliminates my anxiety.

I'll type more later. It's very different than what I expected but it should be decent once the summer camp nonsense somewhat subsides. I'll try to write more later, when there isn't a line of people waiting.


Point of Interest: It's been 4 days and I've been graced with 3 nicknames already. This is probably a sign of endearment from my roommates, or they just hate the name Mike. So far it's been Ox(my least favorite), Papa Bear and Muffin. Papa Bear seems to be the one that will stick.

1 comment:

  1. I think the nicknames are a sign of endearment- maybe you could come up with your own that you actually like... I'm proud of you for giving this a go!

    ReplyDelete